Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Feast of Saint Dominic!

I just wanted to wish everyone a blessed day! My work is celebrating with an ice cream social... Ok, my office just happens to be having an icecream social today. Either way, I can celebrate while obeying my Dominican spiritual director, who ever so wisely told me to eat ice cream. I love the Dominicans and I love Saint Dominic! God is good :-D

Here are a couple prayers to mark this day :)

O Holy Priest of God and glorious Patriarch, St. Dominic, thou who wast the friend, the well-beloved son and confidant of the Queen of Heaven, and didst work so many miracles by the power of the Holy Rosary, have regard for my intercessions. On earth you opened your heart to the miseries of your fellow man, and your hands were strong to help them; now in heaven your charity has not grown less nor has your power waned. Pray for me to the Mother of the Rosary and to her divine Son, for I have great confidence that through your assistance I shall obtain the favor I so much desire: (mention your intentions) . Amen.

And one for Astronomers like me :-D

Wonderful Saintly Founder of the eloquent Order of Preachers and friend of St. Francis of Assisi, you were a fiery defender of the Faith and a fighter against the darkness of heresy. You resembled a great star that shone close to the world and pointed to the Light which was Christ. Help astronomers to study the stars and admire their wonderful Maker, proclaiming: "Give glory to God in the highest!" Amen.



Saint Dominic - Ora Pro Nobis

No comments: