Monday, July 09, 2007

Trust in the Lord

Why is it so difficult to trust in the Lord, even when he has done so much to provide recently?

When things became difficult at home, He provided me with a friends and a spiritual director who guided me to stay in this town. When I could no longer stay at my friends house, He provided me with a sublet which I could afford. When I began to wonder if I would ever find a job, he provided me with a great one. And when things became hideous at home, He brought back my spiritual director when I needed him most.

Now, as I sit fretting over a permanent home, I keep reminding myself that He has brought me this far and knows what I need to stay, and if it's His will that I stay (as it appears to be) then He will provide. If it's not...then I go where He leads me.

No comments: