The church I go to has a holy hour every Friday from 4-5pm. It would be fantastic if I could go to all of it, but because of work that is not possible. Still, the Lord has blessed me with being able to make it to the last 10 minutes, where the Tantum Ergo is sung. I love this and feel very blessed to get to sit for 10 minutes with the Lord and then sing my adoration of him.
I decided to add this beautiful piece to my page. It's a shame I don't have a recording of it, but this way you can all sing it yourselves :)
Tantum ergo SacramentumFor those who are curious what this means in English, here is the popular translation. Wiki had the exact translation, but it is similar enough and this is very beautiful:
Et antiquum documentum
Novo cedat ritui:
Praestet fides supplementum
Laus et jubilatio,
Salus, honor, virtus quoque
Sit et benedictio:
Procedenti ab utroque
Compar sit laudatio.
- Down in adoration falling,
- Lo! the sacred Host we hail,
- Lo! o'er ancient forms departing
- Newer rites of grace prevail;
- Faith for all defects supplying,
- Where the feeble senses fail.
- To the everlasting Father,
- And the Son Who reigns on high
- With the Holy Spirit proceeding
- Forth from each eternally,
- Be salvation, honor blessing,
- Might and endless majesty.